8 Benefits of Hypnotherapy
Can hypnosis really help me? Some people are understandably a little apprehensive about considering hypnotherapy as a treatment, usually because of misconceptions by what they have seen on the television or in films. But when you think about the benefits that can come from Hypnosis you’ll see it’s really worth it:
1. Hypnosis can help treat addictions – An addiction builds up over time, people are born with certain temperaments, certain predispositions and certain behaviors. Genes, environment, upbringing and childhood experiences can combine to make certain people more prone to addiction than others. Hypnosis can help you regain control of your thoughts and actions ensuring you make the right choices, it also helps alleviate the physical symptoms of addiction. Hypnotherapy is proven to help break addictions for good so that you don’t relapse and become addicted again within a short time.
2. Hypnosis can help you lose weight and keep it off – One of the key benefits of Hypnotherapy is to help people lose weight but as you can imagine many factors have to be accounted for. Weight loss can be one of the easiest and most rewarding sessions a hypnotherapist can do but can also be one of the hardest. Hypnotherapy is proven to be 30% more effective than just dieting alone when it comes to weight loss. For most people who need the extra motivation to lose weight for an event or to kick start a diet, my simple to use Clean Up Your Nutrition Audio Program can be downloaded and is a great start.
3. Hypnosis can help manage chronic pain – If you have a disease or ailment that leaves you in frequent pain like Fibromyalgia, Arthritis or Migraines then you already know that sometimes it feels like nothing will stop the pain. You can use hypnosis and meditation techniques when drugs and diet have not helped you manage your condition. Very often intense pain can be brought under quick effective control using self-hypnosis. If nothing else is working for you when it comes to controlling your pain, or if you don’t want to take prescription painkillers, you should try hypnosis.
4. Hypnosis can help reduce stress – Stress can cause serious illness in people like heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes, and sleep disorders. If you have a lot of stress in your life and your body is constantly in a high alert state, then one of the benefits of hypnotherapy would be learning some simple relaxation, hypnosis, and meditation techniques that can change your life. If you feel like you can’t get your stress levels under control by using diet, exercise and medicine, then it’s time to think about what hypnotherapy and hypnosis can do for you. Because Hypnosis involves putting you in a deep state of relaxation it gives your mind and body a chance to recuperate, repair and heal itself by experiencing the relaxation that it desperately needs.
5. Hypnosis can help cure sleep disorders – Millions of people suffer from sleep disorders that range from full insomnia to night terrors, wakeful sleep, sleepwalking, and the inability to fall into the REM sleep which your body and mind needs. Sleep disorders can cause a wide range of other problems like obesity and addiction to either sleeping medications or to caffeine or other stimulants in an effort to keep the body going even though it’s exhausted. Hypnosis can help treat the psychological problem that is causing the sleep disturbance while at the same time it puts the body in a deeply relaxed state that helps the body and mind become rejuvenated.
6. Hypnosis can promote deep relaxation – If you have ever tried meditation you know already the great things that relaxation does for the mind and body. You can become more creative, better at problem solving, less irritable, and you can reduce your risk of health problems like heart disease or high blood pressure significantly if you meditate or relax regularly. But if you have trouble relaxing, or if you never seem to be able to relax deeply enough to really feel refreshed, then you should try hypnosis. Hypnosis is a wonderful way to experience truly deep relaxation that will make you feel much healthier and alert.
7. Hypnosis can help you change your behavior – Are you the kind of person that is always snapping at others? Do you get irritated and angry often? Do you have trouble managing your anger? Hypnosis can help you change your behavior patterns so that you can be healthier and happier. Often behavioral patterns are learned in childhood, but a hypnotic suggestion given while you’re in a deep hypnotic state can help you get rid of those old messages telling you to behave in certain ways and replace the with messages to act in new, more appropriate ways. If you are the type of person who has a short fuse and quick temper then you should already realize that what you are creating about in that moment is nothing to do with the real reason for the anger. If you are trying to recover from the effects of a dysfunctional family or an abusive childhood using Hypnosis to help eliminate the unhealthy patterns that you learned to survive can be very therapeutic. Hypnosis can help you identify with the real underlying issues in your life that make you react to thing the way you do. Of course this not only benefits you the client but your family, friends and work colleagues who have close contact with you.
8. Hypnosis can help treat Anxiety and Depression – Many people are reluctant to take medication to treat anxiety and depression because they don’t want to become dependent on these notoriously addictive medicines. Other people just can’t seem to find a medication that works for them. Enjoy the benefits of hypnotherapy using this drug free and effective way to calm anxiety and to treat the symptoms of depression. By using hypnotic suggestions to eliminate the triggers of anxiety and depression people that suffer from depression and anxiety can sometimes find 100% relief from these conditions by using Hypnosis.